In my previous two articles, "Healthy Foods In Purple Can Prevent Heart Disease" and "Healthy Foods In Orange Can Prevent Heart Disease Too", I mentioned two types of healthy foods that are in two different colors: one is purple while the other is orange. The following two recipes show how you can make use of fruits mentioned in the articles to bake two heart-healthy snacks: Blueberry and Strawberry Muffins, and Peach Melba.
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius Grape Boxes and grease muffin tin with oil.
2. Sift flour, baking powder and cinnamon and stir in sugar.
3. Mix egg, milk and oil together.
4. Make a well in center of flour and stir in liquid mixture.
5. Add blueberries, grated apple and strawberries and combined well.
6. Spoon mixture into individual muffin tins. Bake in oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
7. Remove from tray and serve slightly warm with butter and jam.
1. Cook the peaches in boiling water for one minute or until fairly soft.
2. Peel and remove the seeds. Cut the peaches in half. Do not discard the water.
3. Add in 80 g of fine sugar to the same water in the pan. Bring to boil.
4. Poach the peaches for about 6 to 8 minutes.
5. Remove and refrigerate the peaches.
6. Add in liqueur and lime juice to make syrup. Add in more sugar if needed.
7. Scoop ice cream into dessert bowls, place half a peach in each bowl, over the ice cream and pour in some of the syrup.
I hope you will find these two snacks both tasty and healthy. With your creativity coupled with some research, I am sure you may come up with your own recipes using other purple-colored and orange-colored fruits to prepare delicious and healthy snacks. If you do create some in the near future, please share with us. Bon appetite!